April 27 update. This is me reporting to a doctor who asks me questions which show that she knows a lot more about medicine than I do 18:40 Hai inviato Intensive care attending (primaria) says intensive care no longer really needed. DR who knows more than me: What is her heart rate Me:Fever down to 37.5 central (so according to (other doctor we both know) not a real fever). Sometime they switched antibiotics. DR: Sister says patient follows commands per neurosurgeon what does melia say Me: When reasting 120 maybe 130. Steady except sometimes she moves around (as if seeking comfortable position) and it goes up. Old unexplained tachycardia (days ago) no longer happening (see update below) DR: Why is it high now Hai inviato Melia said she does not follow instructions. My effort was blink and tell her to blink and she blinked. Seems way more alert and eye tracking me. Likes to hold hand Hai inviato You asked why pulse so high (120). I guess often lower. I just saw “not tachycardia” DR: Does patient sqeze hand when you ask her to Hai inviato Always squeezes. I didn’t ask to release. dr: Eye tracking for sure? Hai inviato Yes odd sister and brain surgeon both quite definite that patient has followed instructions. IC attending has other view DR: Ask her to release If your still there (with patient) Hai inviato Eye tracking for sure. Assessment by IC attending not just my impression. Hai inviato I am out now (not with patient) Hai inviato Will try that tomorrow CR: Or next time DR: Who visited today you and boyfriend? Hai inviato Impression totally totally different from on April 25 (already different yesterday, but I didn’t see patient) Hai inviato Visits sister and mostly me Dr: In what way? Hai inviato Eye now tracking, seems awake, I think I got a smile. Then semi conscious. Now seems conscious, weak, and very very taciturn (as in no effort to speak) Hai inviato Left eye still always closed to mostly closed. Eyes not pointing same direction, left eye moves less (fits ocular motor nerve trouble). Does move same direction. DR: What does she do when you let go of her hand? Hai inviato Reaches around for my hand. For days, if I try to sneak it away m, patient grabs. Definitely responds in reasonable way as if patient wants my hand which is trying to get away Her hand Seems very alert (this also back before eye tracked well) DR: Thanks Carol For update Boyfriend notes that on April 26, heart beat when sleeping 75-80. The 120 today is awake moving and a bit agitated One thing we learn is that dialogue on messenger is not normal back and forth. Often I write, then dr asks question, then I write another thing, then I get to answering the question. It might be hard to follow, but I hope it is somewhat useful

Comments

Popular posts from this blog